Telehealth No-Show and Late Cancellation Policy
This policy is established to ensure the effective and consistent delivery of mental health services through telehealth at Backpack Healthcare. It aims to address and manage client appointments to maximize the availability of services and minimize disruptions in care.
A “no-show” or “late cancellation” is defined as a client who misses a scheduled telehealth appointment without providing at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Advance Notice of Cancellation: Clients are expected to provide a minimum of 24 hours’ notice when canceling or rescheduling a telehealth appointment. This allows for proper scheduling adjustments and ensures the availability of time slots for other clients.
- No-Show Fees: Backpack Healthcare reserves the right to charge a no-show fee for missed appointments without proper notice. This fee will be communicated to clients in advance and is intended to cover the costs associated with the unused appointment time.
- Discharge from Services: Upon three no shows or late cancellations in a 3 month time frame, Backpack Healthcare reserves the right to discharge clients from services.
- Communication of Policy: Clients will be provided with a copy of this no-show policy during the onboarding process, and it will be readily available on the Backpack Healthcare website or through other communication channels.
- Policy Review: This policy will be periodically reviewed and updated to ensure its effectiveness and relevance. Any changes to the policy will be communicated to clients in a timely manner.
This policy is effective as of February 1, 2024.