Your privacy is extremely important to us.
Information Collection,Use, and Disclosure
The Information may be used or disclosed to third parties for one or more of the following business or marketing purposes:
- To create your account on our Platform and let you log in to your account and use the Platform.
- To manage your account, provide you with customer support, and ensure you are receiving quality service
- To contact you or provide you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to the service.
- For billing-related purposes.
- To reach out to you, either ourselves or using the appropriate authorities, if either we or a Counselor have a good reason to believe that you or any other person may be in danger or may be either the cause or the victim of a criminal act.
- To match you with a Counselor.
- To enable and facilitate the Counselor Services.
- To supervise, administer and monitor the service.
- Market the Platform and Counselor Services to you.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To comply with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to laws related to protecting client and public health and safety.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Platform and Counselor Services.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
Opting out of Marketing Communication
You can opt out of receiving email marketing by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link provided in all of our marketing email communications.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Social and General Information Tools
Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as “phishing”, are of great concern. You should always be diligent when you are being asked for your account information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. We will never request your login information or your credit card information in any non-secure or unsolicited communication (email, phone or otherwise).
While using any Internet-based service carries inherent security risks that cannot be 100% prevented, our systems, infrastructure, encryption technology, operation and processes are all designed, built and maintained with your security and privacy in mind. We apply industry standards and best practices to prevent any unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We comply with or exceed all applicable federal laws, state laws, and regulations regarding data privacy.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Platform, to perform certain tasks which are related to the Platform, or to provide audit, legal, operational or other services for us. These tasks include, but not limited to, customer service, technical maintenance, monitoring, email management and communication, database management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics. We will share with them only the minimum necessary information to perform their task for us and only after entering into appropriate confidentiality agreements.
We are a practice that provides care for children and their parents. We will collect identifying information with the consent of a guardian. For clients age 17 and under, we can schedule an intake session through the parent or guardian of the minor client. However, if the client’s parent or guardian would like to have access to the client’s information after the intake session, then we need to have a completed Authorization naming the parent or guardian in the client’s file.
For users ages 13 and under, we collect a first and last name, date of birth, gender, username, and that under-13 user’s parent’s email address to provide notice to the parent regarding the Services.
You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
We use the Personal Information we receive about you to provide you with our services and also for purposes such as:
- Attempting to authenticate your identity.
- Administering your account.
- Responding to your requests for certain information.
- Customizing the features that we make available to you.
- Suggesting relevant services or products for you to use.
- Improving the services and internal operations (including troubleshooting, testing, and analyzing usage.
- Communicating with you about new features.
- And, most importantly, protecting our users, sending emergency alert messages we are directed to send to you, and working towards making sure our services are continually evolving to be as safe and secure as possible.
You may modify or remove your Personal Information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your account information.
If you or your child are receiving clinical services from us, a Provider may collect additional information from you and may create information about you in order for them to provide you with the services. The information the Providers collect will be protected as described in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose information necessary or appropriate to protect the safety of the public or any person, to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), and to prevent or stop activity that may be illegal or dangerous. You should also be aware that Counselors may be obliged to disclose information to law enforcement or other authorities to conform to their professional and legal responsibilities. Specifically, and without limitation, you should be aware that the law requires mental health professionals to disclose information and/or take action in the following cases:
(a) reported or suspected abuse of a child or vulnerable adult
(b) serious suicidal potential
(c) threatened harm to another person
(d) court-ordered presentation of treatment.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Notice
- To perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you.
- It is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the Services in the best way that we can.
- It is our legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us.
You can view and edit any personal data that you have provided to us using this website. Automated processing of your Personal Information is necessary to operate the Platform effectively and to provide counseling and related services. In some cases, we may be required to retain personal data to comply with applicable medical record retention laws.
Mobile Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: 2/7/2023
Backpack Healthcare Alerts
By opting in to this service, you consent to receive mobile text alerts using an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive marketing text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services.
By signing up, you are confirming you are over the age of 13.
Text STOP to 82892 to stop receiving Backpack Healthcare Alerts messages from Backpack Healthcare (you will receive a confirmation text).
For additional information, text HELP to 82892 or contact 866.968.6342
Supported carriers are:
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Boost, Cricket, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, Google Voice, ACS Wireless, Advantage Cellular (DTC Wireless), Appalachian Wireless, Atlantic Tele-Network International (ATN), Bandwidth, Bluegrass Cellular, Buffalo Wireless, CableVision, Carolina West Wireless, Cellcom, Copper Valley, C-Spire Wireless (formerly Cellsouth), Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Chariton Valley Cellular, Cross (dba Sprocket), Duet IP, Element Mobile, EpicTouch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), i Wireless (IOWA Wireless), Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix (Keystone Wireless / PC Management), Inland Cellular, Mobi PCS (Coral Wireless LLC), Mosaic, MTA Communications, MTPCS / Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, Panhandle Telecommunications, Peoples Wireless, Pine Belt Wireless, Pine Cellular, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, RINA, SI Wireless/Mobile Nation, SouthernLinc, SRT Wireless, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United, Viaero Wireless, West Central Wireless, Leaco, Nemont/Sagebrush. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.